Elk River Municipal Utilities – EV Charging Program
Save money every time you plug in your car!
Charge your electric vehicle (EV) at home with 100% renewable energy! Elk River Municipal Utilities (ERMU) offers an EV charging program that features an affordable time-of-use (TOU) rate. To save even more, customers can also take advantage of a $700 rebate towards the purchase and installation of a 240-volt EV charger. To learn more, review the application on the back or visit our website.
What is a Time-of-Use Rate? Monday-Friday With the TOU rate, you have the flexibility to charge your vehicle whenever you need. The meter dedicated to your EV charger adjusts the rate based on the time of day, or day of the week you’re charging. Charging on weekends and holidays receives the $.0620 rate at all times.
|Monday – Friday|
|10 AM – 10 PM
$0.1308* kWh Summer Rate
$0.1195* kWh Winter Rate
|10PM – 10 AM
$0.0620* kWh Summer and Winter Rate
Summer rates are effective June-October, and the winter rates are applied November-May. Rates are subject to the application of any power cost adjustments.
- Receive up to a $700 rebate towards the purchase and installation of a 240-volt EV charger for your home.
- Applicant must have ERMU electric service to qualify for the rebate. All rebates will be given in the form of a credit on your electric utility bill.
- Contact our office at 763.441.2020 before purchasing a charger to ensure that funds are still available.
- EV charger must be for on-road vehicles.
- Energy supplied to the EV service must be used for the sole purpose of electric vehicle charging. All other uses are prohibited.
- Customer is responsible for the installation of a 200-amp bypass meter socket and inspection performed by a state certified electrical inspector. Upon completion of inspection, ERMU meter technicians will install the meter.
- Submit the completed rebate application and a copy of the invoice or itemized receipt, indicating the brand and model purchased, to ERMU by mail or electronically on our website at www.ERMUMN.com.