2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
Are you curious about the Chevy Silverado 1500 towing capacity? Cornerstone Auto is your Chevy headquarters and is here to help. The Chevy Silverado 1500 towing capacity is 13,400 pounds, and it has a payload capacity of up to 2,250 pounds. The strong capabilities are made possible due to the Silverado 1500’s remarkable hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame, and various towing features designed to make towing easier around Elk River. Learn more about the new Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity here, and then come drive one at Cornerstone Auto.
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity by Engine
When it comes to engine choices, you have plenty in the Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The Chevy Silverado 1500 towing capacity varies depending on which engine you select from the following:
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: This standard Chevy Silverado 1500 engine provides 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque and a towing capacity of 7,000 pounds.
- 4.3L V6 Engine: With an impressive performance of 285 hp and best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque, this renowned engine allows the Silverado 1500 to tow 7,900 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 Engine: Upgrade to this robust engine for a towing capacity of 11,600 pounds, as well as 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: This beastly engine allows drivers to tow a maximum of 13,400 pounds (on the RST trim) with 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel: For those Elk River drivers that prefer a diesel, this powertrain generates 277 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque, with a 9,300-pound towing capacity.
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Features
The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 isn’t all muscle. It also boasts some intelligent towing and hauling features sure to give you more control on the job site or weekend adventures.
- Trailering Package: Every Silverado 1500 comes standard with this package. It provides a trailering hitch platform with a 2-inch receiver, an automatic locking rear differential, a 4-pin connector, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Boost towing capabilities even further with this package, available on select Silverado 1500 trims. It includes revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, and much more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: Are you concerned about not being able to see what’s behind you when towing? You can purchase extended view towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado trucks to improve visibility and safety.
Experience the Chevy Silverado 1500 at Cornerstone Auto Today
When you’re ready to experience the 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 in person, head into Cornerstone Auto We will answer all of your questions about the Silverado 1500 towing capacity and explain how the towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado work. Then our finance team will work hard to get you a price you can afford. Check out our new vehicle specials and then give us a call today.
More From Cornerstone Auto
The 2020 Dodge Journey is a crossover SUV that has everything Monticello families need in their next vehicle. Explore the Dodge Journey interior at Cornerstone Auto in Elk River and see for yourself why drivers trust Dodge to deliver luxury on a budget. Get the style of an SUV with the accessibility and functionality of a minivan…
Traveling with your family around the Elk River-area just became trouble-free with the 2020 Ford Explorer spacious interior and seating capacity. Even with seating for seven passengers, the Ford Explorer still provides plenty of space for bags and other cargo, due to its third row seating. With ample seating and cargo space, it’s no surprise…
If you’re a busy family on the go, a midsize SUV is a great choice for hauling the whole gang and their stuff. One of the most affordable yet well-equipped midsize SUVs you can find in today’s market is the 2020 Kia Sorento. This SUV has bold stylings and a rich variety of features to…