2020 Ford F-250 Towing Capacity
Elk River-area drivers know that, for strong towing, the Ford F-250 has been the gold standard. But now more than ever, the F-250 is a towing powerhouse with best-in-class capabilities, a new engine, and top gas and diesel ratings. The updated 2020 F-250 is the super duty truck to beat for work and play. What is the towing capacity of the Ford F-250? When properly equipped the new F-250 towing capacity ranges from 12,600 to 22,800 pounds. Learn what makes this truck so powerful.
Ford F-250 Engine Specs
Anoka work truck drivers who opt for the 2020 F-250 will get extra muscle with a larger line of gas and diesel engines that have been ranked best-in-class. You won’t find more capable engines in any other full-size pickup over 8,500 pounds on the road in Elk River.
- 6.2L Flex-Fuel gas V8 is the standard engine.
- Ford TorqShift® G 6-speed transmission
- 385 hp and 430 lb-ft torque
- Available 7.3L gas V8
- All-new available port fuel-injection
- Pushrod design to optimize low-end torque
- Variable-cam timing
- Cast-iron block with four-bolt and cross-bolted main bearings
- Forged-steel crankshaft
- 430 hp and 475 lb-ft torque
- Available 6.7L Power Stroke V8 Turbo Diesel
- Upgraded for 2020
- 36,000-psi fuel-injection system
- New forged steel pistons
- 475 hp and 1,050 lb-ft torque
The 7.3L and 6.7L options are coupled with the Ford TorqShift® 10-speed automatic transmission.
- Trailer Brake Controller: Fully integrated and factory installed, this trailer brake controller synchronizes trailer and vehicle brakes for seamless braking.
- Trailer Sway Control: This system keeps your trailer from swaying uncontrollably and separately from your truck.
- Trailer Hitch Receiver: This 2.5-inch Built Ford Tough® Trailer Hitch Receiver (SRW) makes the connection between your truck and trailer super convenient and durable (optional 3-inch model).
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control® (RSC): With gyroscopic sensors, reduced engine power, and selective wheel braking, this system works to maintain stability.
- Gooseneck Hitch Kit: Installing this optional package helps you to reach the maximum towing capacity possible.
Feel the Power of the Ford F-250 at Cornerstone Auto!
When you find the right work truck for the job from our extensive inventory, schedule a test drive at our dealership in Elk River to feel the power yourself.
More From Cornerstone Auto
A smash hit with Monticello and Anoka drivers, the 2020 Jeep Compass lineup has already proven its success in the Elk River area. But if you’re looking for an expert Jeep Compass review before you make your decision, we’ve got you covered! We’ve assembled Jeep Compass reviews from some of the leading auto experts…
The Jeep Wrangler is an off-road dynamo with amazing engineering and world-class capabilities – and it accomplishes even the toughest tasks with serious style! The 2020 Jeep Wrangler colors offer the opportunity to express your personality with 10 different eye-popping hues. So whether you’re on a road trip in Monticello or running errands in…
Monticello drivers who are concerned about their family’s safety on the road will be appreciative of the Kia Sportage safety rating. We’ll go into detail on how well the Kia Sportage performs in the standard safety tests and give you some other great reasons to make your next SUV the Kia Sportage. If a…