2020 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity
Have you ever asked yourself, “How much can a 2020 RAM 1500 tow?” Cornerstone Auto has the answer! When it’s properly equipped the 2020 RAM 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. In fact, it was awarded best-in-class V8 engine towing capacity by industry experts! Learn more about the 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity here, and then head into Cornerstone Auto for a test drive.
RAM 1500 Performance & Capabilities
The all-new 2020 RAM 1500 comes with numerous engine options, and each brings its own performance capabilities to Elk River drivers. Each powerful engine is paired with a standard class-exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission to provide peak performance no matter where you go. Depending on the specific trim and engine, the 2020 RAM 1500 payload capacity varies from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
Here’s a short summary of the engine specs, and if you have additional questions, contact %%di%_name%%.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine: Produces up to 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, and has a maximum towing capacity of 12,560 pounds which is the highest diesel tow rating in its class!
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I: Produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. The maximum towing capacity is 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine: Provides up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and has a maximum towing capacity of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine: Has the same performance shown above, but boosts towing up to 12,750 pounds, the maximum available in a 2020 RAM 1500.
RAM 1500 Features for Easier Towing
When it comes to RAM 1500 towing capacity, you can’t depend on engine power alone. The RAM 1500 has some incredible features that make it easier to tow a trailer or boat around Elk River. Check out a few of these features below:
- Multi-Function Tailgate: This available tailgate provides a 60/40 split gate, giving you more ways to use the truck bed while still being able to handle challenging loads.
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This special transmission works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the 2020 RAM 1500 get up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- Biggest-in-Class Brakes: The RAM 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes for greater stopping power.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This potentially life-saving feature watches your blind zones, and automatically accounts for trailer length.
Test Drive a 2020 RAM 1500 at Cornerstone Auto Today
Now you no longer need to ask, “How much can a RAM 1500 tow?” If you’re ready to get behind the wheel of a RAM 1500, head into Cornerstone Auto for a test drive! Our sales and finance team will help you find the perfect truck for your budget. Contact us today!