What is the Kia Sorento Safety Rating?
The safety ratings are in, and the 2020 Kia Sorento is one of the safest midsize SUVs available. The Kia Sorento safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is five stars overall, with five stars for frontal and side crashes, and four stars for rollover. These high safety ratings make the Kia Sorento the perfect SUV for all of your Minneapolis adventures whether you buy or lease from Cornerstone Auto.
2020 Kia Sorento Safety Features
What makes the Kia safety ratings so high? The standard safety features that come loaded in every Kia Sorento. They include:
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution delivers additional brake support.
- Hill-Start Assist Control helps prevent rollbacks.
- Electronic Stability Control provides more precise handling.
- Fifty-three percent high-strength steel structure makes for a more rigid body structure.
- An advanced airbag system monitors the degree of impact and manages air bag inflation accordingly.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Side Impact Door Beams
- Traction Control Assist
Kia Drive Wise Assist Technology
We can all use a little help behind the wheel. Kia delivers with Drive Wise Assist Technology, a collection of driving assistance systems that keeps you in touch with everything happening on the road around you. It includes:
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist uses a front-view camera and radar to alert you to obstacles ahead of you, while taking control of braking and steering to help you avoid impact.
- Lane Keeping Assistance uses the front-view camera to see the edges of your lane. If you get too close to crossing, you’re given an alert.
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist puts the front camera and rear radars to work in calculating the relative speed and distance of other cars. You’ll get audible and visual alerts if the system senses a vehicle in your blind spot.
- High Beam Assist senses the light coming from other vehicles and lowers your high beams when they might create glare for other drivers.
- Low Beam Assist controls additional lamps in low-light driving conditions.
- Smart Cruise Control not only allows drivers to set their speed, but also senses the position and speed of vehicles ahead and adjusts accordingly.